Note: You must have msysgit installed on your machine. Also, the path to my git install is “C:\Program Files (x86)\Git” yours might be different. Please check were yours is before continuing.
Open Windows Environment Variables/Path Window
- Right-Click on My Computer
- Click Advanced System Settings link from the left side column
- Click Environment Variables in the bottom of the window
- Then under System Variables look for the path variable and click edit
- Add the pwd to git’s bin and cmd at the end of the string like this:
;C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd
Now test it out in PowerShell; type git and see if it recognizes the command.
comments powered by Disqus